SFP 18 – Episode 18: Learning together: Teaching Solution Focus at Brieffest with Bo Yon Koh and Haesun Moon
Simply Focus Podcast – Episode #18
Hosted by: Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Intro: Laura Cole & Bibiana Czerny | Music: www.bensound.com
SFP 18 - Episode 18: Learning together: Teaching Solution Focus at Brieffest with Bo Yon Koh and Haesun Moon
“Right away from the first moment the person will know that this is gonna be a different kind of conversation.” Laura
“My best hope is for them to be able to actually learn this (…) as a different way of having a better dialogue at work and at home. So that’s what really excites me.” Haesun Moon
“In all education our end goal is that learners become teachers themselves.” Bo Yon Koh
“What ever I thought I had done, when I looked at it (the video of her coaching sessions) (…) each day I look at them I see something else. So it’s almost like this could be like a never ending project in a way, right. It was quite interesting to see it. It was beautiful, wonderful.” Dorotha
In today’s episode, we are live at Brieffest with Bo Yon Koh and Haesun moon, exploring
- their best hopes for the Brieffest
- what was most useful in the first 3 1/2 days of learning Solution Focus for the participants
- the model that Bo Yon Koh and Haesun Moon use in their trainings to orient the clients towards the preferred future and what’s already working
- what Bo Yon Koh and Haesun Moon did that supported the participants’ learning
- The challenge of the week: Notice your progress and tell us how you do it and how you use it back into your practice.
- Check out the Brieffest: Train-the-Trainer Track from July 26-31, 2018 in Toronto
- Join our SFIO Webinar “SF Leadership a view from the road. Solution Focus in North America” hosted by Alan Kay on July 3, 2018
- Get to know the SFIO (Soluiton Focus in Organisations)
- Save the date: July 29, 2018, in the afternoon – SF BBQ around the RV in Toronto!
- Want to know more about microanalysis of face-to-face dialogue? Check out
- Episode #4 “The Art of Asking SF Questions” with Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat: /project/sfp-4-art-asking-great-solution-focused-questions/
- Episode #6 “SF Listening” with Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat: /project/sfp-6-solution-focused-listening/
- Episode #10 “Seeing Interactions” with Janet Bavelas: /project/sfp-10-seeing-interaction-interview-with-janet-beavin-bavelas/
- Episode #11 “Language of Hope” with Haesun Moon: /project/sfp-11-language-of-hope-interview-with-haesun-moon/
- Episode #18 “Teaching SF with microanalysis” with Haesun Moon & Bo Yon Koh: /project/sfp-18-learning-together-teaching-solution-focus-at-brieffest-with-bo-yon-koh-and-haesun-moon/
- Episode #23 “Directions in Conversations” with Peter de Jong: /project/sfp-23-what-directions-do-you-choose-in-your-conversations-a-face-to-face-dialogue-with-dr-peter-de-jong/
- Episode #44 “Effective Conversations” with Sara Smock Jordan: /project/sfp-44-how-to-learn-to-have-effective-conversations-with-sara-smock-jordan-ph-d-lmft/
Join the conversation
Share with us how you notice progress and how noticing your progress flows back into your practice! Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you.